Tuesday 28 August 2012

THE RELUCTANT FUNDAMENTALIST by Mohsin Hamid, Book Review


The Reluctant FundamentalistThe Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't know why, but there is something intriguing about the book. You won't be able to put it down until you complete reading it.

The authors never seem to surprise me. They every time come up with a new style of writing. The story starts like this...

'Excuse me, sir, but may I be of assistance?
Ah, I see I have alarmed you.
Do not be frightened by my beard.
I am a lover of America..."

The story continues like this through out the narration. You feel like, even when you are not, that you are with the author seated at a cafe in Lahore.

The story was good. In fact, a very well. But at the end the story ends abruptly. The end is left to our imagination. So it didn't serve the purpose I read stories (I read stories because they end)...

Worth a read and I am sure it is unputdownable...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment