Friday 7 September 2012

The Krishna Key by Ashwin Sanghi, Book Review


The Krishna KeyThe Krishna Key by Ashwin Sanghi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Hindu - or rather, Indian - version of The Da Vinci Code...

After reading Dan brown's books, I always wanted to read a thriller dealing with Indian conspiracies and theories... And finally, got to read one.

I have read the other books by Ashwin Sanghi - Chanakya's Chant and The Rozabal Line. Liked both of them and this one exceeded my preconception about this book manifold.

At the start of reading this book, I was disappointed, it was more boring stuff, but then as book story crossed the 100th page mark, I was so intrigued that I didn't (read couldn't) put the book down. I read the book at every chance I got.

The story deals with many conspiracy theories. One of them claims Krishna to be just another person who was well-educated and intelligent. Other says that the drowned city of Atlantis is none other than the drowned city, created by Krishna, of Dwaraka - just off the coast of Gujarat. The book claims many more theories - or maybe, facts - which I am not sure of their factuality. It is very difficult to separate the facts from the conspiracies and fictions. I prefer believing that they are true.

Every chapter starts with a paragraph of Krishna's life, which was very helpful for a person who doesn't know much about Krishna, like me.

Indeed, Ashwin Sanghi is the Indian Dan Brown...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment