Wednesday 12 September 2012

TRAIN TO PAKISTAN by Khushwant Singh, Book Review


Train to PakistanTrain to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a guy who always hared literature reads. They are so boring. That is what I thought till now. This is my second literature book. Surprisingly I liked this one too.

This novel pictures the life in a border village named Mano Majra - just a moment ago I found that it is a fictitious village. It portraits the life of people who live in a bubble surrounded by mobs of Muslims who hate Sikhs and mobs of Sikhs who hate Muslims, while in the village they had always lived together peacefully. In that village, Sikhs respected Muslims as their brothers. The storydates back during the Independence and partition of India - 1947. The story weaves in the way how the life in Mano Majra is effected by the partition and the events followed due to partition.

Like the last literature book I read, this one ends abruptly too. Maybe books of that genre tend to end like that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment