Friday 10 August 2012

THE JUNGLE BOOK by Rudyard Kipling, Book Review


The Jungle BookThe Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this expecting a continuous story of life of Mowgli, in the jungle...

I always wondered why the is named 'The jungle book'... I mean consider the stories of Tarzan - 'Tarzan of the apes', 'Return of Tarzan', 'The son of Tarzan' and so on.. I wondered why inst this book named something like 'Mowgli of the wolves' or 'The adventures of Mowgli' or so on..

After reading this book I got my answer.. The name - 'The jungle book' - suited it perfectly, because it is not the story of Mowgli, but a collection of short stories of different animals...

This book has, totally, seven stories - three of them deals with Mowgli, one deals with seals, one deals with mongoose, one deals with elephants and the last one with horses, elephants and other camp animals.

Every story is written so well, that I feel the incidents described in the stories are real life myths... To top all that, there are verses after every story, which just adds to the jungle-ness...

Well written and interesting...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment