Wednesday 24 October 2012

THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME by Mark Haddon, Book Review


The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-TimeThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is unlike anything I have read, so far...

It had won many awards like WHITBREAD BOOK OF THE YEAR, GUARDIAN CHILDREN'S FICTION PRIZE, BOOK TRUST TEENAGE FICTION AWARD, etc. But the 'children' part troubled me a bit. I was not going to read a children's book. But there something, perhaps the name of the books, which provoked me to read it. So I started it and it was very hard to put the book down...

At first, this book gives the impression of a mystery story. But it is anything but mystery novel.

The novel doesn't follows a particular flow. The story is random and there is nothing particular to point out from the whole story, except for it is very informative. I mean to say it contains a lot of knowledge. The kid in the story is very weird, but the story is very interesting...

Dont mistake it to be a children's book. Entertains everyone, of every age group, equally...

Weird and interesting, at the same time...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment