Thursday 5 April 2012

CANDY by Kevin Brooks, Book Review

CandyCandy by Kevin Brooks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I got this book from a friend.. If he didnt give this book, I would have missed a fine read.



I have never heard of kevin brooks and this book set a very good impression of his in my mind...



Coming to the story.



It is story of a boy (mind it, he is not a man, he is a boy), Joe who meets a girl, Candy in London when he goes to visit a doctor. He immediately falls in love. The girl turns out to be a prostitute and a drug addict. This is the story of his struggle to get her out of the underworld - prostitution and drugs, facing lot of problems caused by her pimp, Iggy.



The best part of the story is, it is from the boy's (an ordinary boy's) point of view. Thats what makes it so special.



The narration was mind blowing. Its so new to me. When I am reading it, its like I am in his head. Like I am reading his thoughts. If that boy is confused (which is so often through out the story), the reader is confused too. A whole different way of conveying something.



Over all its a FINE READ..



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment