Thursday 12 April 2012

THE LAST AMERICAN MAN by Elizabeth Gilbert, Book Review

The Last American ManThe Last American Man by Elizabeth Gilbert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My expectation of the book from the description is 'a story of a guy who lived off the land'.



But its not just it. The title explains more than the description. Its about the 'American man'.



First of all, its a total distinct perspective of a real-american-man. American, to me, is a chubby guy with shorts, earphones plugged into his ears, rocking his head with the music, lot of extra fat on his body due to lot of junk food. I don't want to offend anyone, but its just my perspective.



But this book gave a whole new look at so called the-American-man. I pity where the current America is heading to.



This is the story of Eustace Conway. I just cant explain his character. He is so unpredictable, through out the book. First he is an Indian, leaving his house, living in a teepee, wearing buckskin "he builds, grows or kills" whatever he needs. And the next moment, he is an explorer and then a pioneer. At the end of everything he wants to be a farmer, wants to start a town on a thousand-acre Appalanchian Trail, which bought and named- "The Turtle Island".



The is so inspiring and interested. One of my best reads.



If you are, even a bit, adventuresome you should have to check this out for sure!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment