Friday 30 March 2012

KEEP OFF THE GRASS by Karan Bajaj, Book Review

Keep Off The GrassKeep Off The Grass by Karan Bajaj

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


First of all, I first read Johnny Gone Down by this author... It was a very exciting roller coaster ride... The life at its best... So I took interest in this author and came across this book..



Actually, this book was not as interesting (for me) as the first one.. But still I have seen people rating this book more than the others... Maybe I not the usual kind.. I like JGD more than this one...



The plot:-



This is the story of a guy born to immigrant Indian parents, Samrat Ratan (the lead character), who is twenty five year old Yale graduate making half a million dollars a year as a hotshot investment banker on Wall Street. Any Indian is ready to die for his job. But not Samrat. He leaves his job and will go to India and gets enrolled in a B-school. He justifies his foolishness as he is in India in a search for "himself". This story is an account of the twists and turns in his 2 year stay in India.



My view:-



One thing I noticed in both books of Karan is they are more of connected to adventures and spirituality.



The story is very interesting minus the boring stuff. Actually it would have been a great read if the boring stuff like elaborating the investment banking details. Come on, there not many investment bankers or management students reading the novels. The story had been very interesting if it was fast paced, thats what I liked in JGD.



The end was fantastic. And overall the story was good, the novel is worth a read. Hats off to Samrat. Man you are one hell of a dude!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment