Thursday 25 August 2011

White Fang / The Call of the Wild by Jack London, Review

White Fang / The Call of the WildWhite Fang / The Call of the Wild by Jack London

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I neither read the sypnosis nor did I have any idea about both the stories. Actually, I was provoked read them because of the special interest of Christopher McCandless in Jack London's tales.



Christopher is someone I admire alot (to know who he is read Into the Wild). He admired Jack London and his work very much. Christopher was a outdoor guy, a tramp. So I was expecting these stories to be some kind of adventure stories. But I was wrong.



This is a finest book, I've read on dogs/wolves. Personally, I am a god lover so I was not so disappointed when I came to know this is completely not what I expected.



Jack London is one of the finest authors of those times. One can never understand a living being this much. He has his own style of expressing the situation. The fierceness, the softness, the love, the anger, each and every action of a dog is expressed very excellently by London.



Both the stories were very interesting. Probably, this is one of the longest reads of mine. I never wanted to rush through the book. No one ever wants to rush through this book. Every sentence, every expression of the story is felt when reading this. Both the stories, follow the dogs, even though tamed and bred by man since thousands of years, they carry the wild memories which are inherited from their ancestors. The want of the dogs to chase, hunt and feel the warm blood on their muzzle are still alive deep down inside their brains.



FINEST READ...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment