Sunday 15 July 2012

TEA FOR TWO AND A PIECE OF CAKE by Preeti Shenoy, Book Review


Tea for two and a piece of cakeTea for two and a piece of cake by Preeti Shenoy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Preeti Shenoy is, officially, the first author I ever read and I was swept off my feet. Her second novel, Life is what you make it, was really a read, which I will never forget in my life. In fact, that book is the reason now I am addicted to reading...

This piece of work is a masterpiece. It is so well written. Every page hooks you to it. It could be a one-go, if you a good reader, unlike me. I enjoyed each every page of the story. It takes, for you, to only read the prologue to get you hooked.

The story is so unique to what I read now-a-days.

The prologue runs like this. Nisha is bathing her seven month old baby boy, Rohit. She gets a call from his husband, Samir. "Our eight years old marriage is over," he says over the call, which is the incident of the whole story.

The first half of the story deals pre-incident - how Nisha met Samir, how they fell in love - and the second half deals with the post-incident scene - how she copes up with the life...

A very good page turner...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment