Sunday 27 May 2012

DESERT SOLITAIRE by Edward Abbey, Book Review


Desert SolitaireDesert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A deep poetic read...

It is a poetic book. It has humor. It has its share of adventure. It is one of the best of the books I have ever read...

Actually, for me, wilderness is divided into three.
1) The jungles, which I love the most
2) The cold regions, with lot of ice and snow, which I like to some extent and
3) The deserts, I hate them. They kill you with no mercy. You can die of thirst, you are die of dehydration, hyperthermia, sun burns, hunger, damn what-not.

So I always had a hating for the deserts, but this book just stirred my whole prospective towards the deserts. I feel a special kind of deja vu with the deserts now.

This is kind of a book which you, voluntarily, read very slow. Because you want to enjoy each and every word on the prose. I almost wept when I completed reading the book. You will be lost in the deserts, yourself, when reading this book. But when it comes to an end, it is a big disappointment.

I think the best review introduction that could be given to this book is the Introduction by the author, himself.

Go ahead and pick the book... You will be lost in the story...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment